Jip Jip Rock Shiraz



Smelled like blackberries and some kind of spicy tone (some more experience in wine will be needed to get a better pinpoint). If I had to guess, it was probably liquorice? From the site, timeless wine, it seemed to agree with my main smells and tasting description, adding that it had an oak tannin with cloves as well as other flavors as well. It was made in 2019, Padthaway Austrailia, price around 12 dollars with the description reading, 

The Jip Jip Rocks are a striking outcrop of 350 million year old pink-red granite, which are sacred in traditional Aboriginal beliefs.

Modern winemaking is combined with pristine fruit from the Bryson family's cool climate vineyard. Environmentally sustainable practices, hand pruned, low yielding mature vines, grown on terra rossa soil, ensures this Shiraz has an amazing depth of varietal flavor, style and balance. 

Jip Jip Rocks is a good cellaring proposition, however we believe this Shiraz is approachable now, more so when shared with food, friends and conversation.

 
When I tasted the wine, it tasted pretty good, I liked it paired with hotpot and the saltier gamey flavors. It tasted like blackberries and some kind of liquorice. With venison, I felt like the wine tasted even better. This was definitely a food wine. Overall, I would drink this wine again with the food but unfortunately, my friends did not share my same sentiments.

Comments