Il Duca Imperiale Cardinal Red



The Il Duca Imperiale Cardinal Red is a red blend with no mention of the particular combination, no matter how hard I tried. I went to their website, and it had no mention of the combination they used for their cardinal red other than using their concord grapes. This wine is also non-vintage and was made in California in San Antonio. The wine was bought for around 13 dollars. According to the site totalwine.com, the wine has dark berry flavor and a spice to it.

Smelling the wine was really nice, it smelled spicy and of blackberries, and I was quite ready to get to the tasting. Tasting the wine was great too, it tasted like blackberries and had a spicy black pepper kick to it as well. I did not have food with the wine, but I felt like it would have gone well with some sweet snacks. Overall, would drink again.
 

Comments