Pillars of Hercules

 



The Pillars of Hercules 2020 Red Blend is a very interesting red wine blend. The bottle does not give a particular combination of what red wines that they put but, it is a vintage wine, stating that it was made in 2020. This was grown, produced, and bottled by JL Giguiere, Zamora, California. I remember buying it for around 16 or 17 dollars, and according to the label, the wine has a giant juiciness and a chewy dense texture.

Smelling the wine was actually really great with this wine. I remember that it smelled spicy like some kind of black pepper and had a raspberry like smell as well to compliment it. Unfortunately, when I tasted the wine itself, my immediate impression was that it tasted pretty weird to me. It had the balance between dry and sweet when I tried it and was not a big fan of. It tasted like cinnamon and pepper as well as tasting like raspberries. Overall, not really want to drink again.

Comments